"People who let God lead them to where He wants them to serve find an incredible sense of satisfaction and joy. ....it's far more exhilarating to be a participant than a spectator. Why watch others change the world when you can join them? Your move."
—Bill Hybels, author, "The Volunteer Revolution: Unleashing the Power of Everybody"
Acts 4 Ministry offers many ways
that you can
help provide for those in need. First and foremost, pray. Pray the needs of the ministry be met so
that we are equipped to meet the needs of our community.
Volunteer to help the ministry in whatever capacity
is needed. There are opportunities to serve at various events throughout the year.
- Pick furniture up from donors and share
- Deliver furniture to recipients
- Scheduling administrator – to schedule pick
ups and deliveries to be as efficient as possible and so save
on fuel costs and wear and tear on the trucks. *
- Storage administrator – to coordinate the
storage and distribution of furniture donations.*
* Excel spreadsheet
or other office computer skills good to have.
- Sort donated clothing
- Shopping assistant – to assist clients in
obtaining clothing at the Thomaston Avenue site.
- Office assistant – to enter client information
into the computer database, or to check customers in.
- Assist at various special events such as
the City Fest, the uniform give away, clothing give away at
various churches and community sites.
- Fund raiser to contact churches and businesses
for possible financial donations.
- Cleaning assistant at the Thomaston Avenue site
|If you would like to join us as a volunteer please call the ACTS 4 office and somebody will contact you.
Phone - (203)574-ACTS (2287) or contact Jenn at